As prices at the grocery store continue to rise, more families are turning to our pantries for help. We have an urgent need for our community to help us keep our pantry shelves stocked. Please consider hosting a Food Drive.
Hosting an Item Drive is a year-round way to make a difference in addressing poverty here in the Kansas City and St. Joseph area. Drives are a great way for schools, offices, community groups, and places of worship to join Catholic Charities ending hunger and making certain that families have life’s basic necessities.
Often, people come to us with an urgent need. We meet that urgent need first.
Then, we work to address the root causes of poverty. Your donations make an immediate impact in those lives.
Sign up for more info on how you can host a food drive. Click button below.
Anytime you, or your company, can assist in collecting these urgent — ongoing — needs is helpful:
- Non-perishable food items to stock more than 40 pantries and emergency assistance sites in urban and rural communities
- Personal hygiene products including soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant and razors
- Paper goods like bathroom tissue and paper towels
- Diapers, baby clothing, infant formula and other supplies
- City bus passes
- Gift cards to discount and grocery stores
- Professional expertise like creative roles, legal services, education and training, culinary arts, moving and storage and carpentry
Please contact us to donate any of the above items or for more information on having in a food drive click the button below.
In the news
The debate about human life has been in the news and at the Supreme Court level a lot lately. Here at...
We are happy to announce that in July 2022, Catholic Charities Kansas City- St. Joseph will be rolling out a...
Hope and Help Hits the Road: Cameron Distribution Center & Mobile Outreach Opens- June Newsletter 2022
Two themes motivate the staff at Catholic Charities on a daily basis: the pandemic has increased the number...
Birthmothers are our daughters, sisters, girlfriends, and neighbors. The adoption program at Catholic...
Mental health can determine the course of our lives regardless of age or life circumstance. Lisa...
What is SSVF? The Supportive Services for Veterans and Families Program (SSVF) at Catholic Charities Kansas...