Item drives are a great, fun way to raise awareness about poverty and mobilize the community to provide what our neighbors need.
Hosting an Item Drive is a year-round way to make a difference in addressing poverty here in the Kansas City and St. Joseph area. Drives are a great way for schools, offices, community groups, and places of worship to join Catholic Charities ending hunger and making certain that families have life’s basic necessities.
Often, people come to us with an urgent need. We meet that urgent need first.
Then, we work to address the root causes of poverty. Your donations make an immediate impact in those lives.
Anytime you, or your company, can assist in collecting these urgent — ongoing — needs is helpful:
- Non-perishable food items to stock more than 40 pantries and emergency assistance sites in urban and rural communities
- Personal hygiene products including soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant and razors
- Paper goods like bathroom tissue and paper towels
- Diapers, baby clothing, infant formula and other supplies
- City bus passes
- Gift cards to discount and grocery stores
- Professional expertise like creative roles, legal services, education and training, culinary arts, moving and storage and carpentry
Please contact us to donate any of the above items.
Through this new program, at-risk families may be able to find not just help, but also hope.” –Donors Peter and Veronica Mallouk
The past year has been a record year for many reasons. People are experiencing poverty and food...
This year has certainly been full of surprises and challenges for parents. Whether...
The Welcome Center at Catholic Charities Kansas City-St. Joseph means just what the name indicates – “a center that...
Many families, regardless of their economic class, are dealing with large...
One of the main areas of need we see in our community is food. Clients often call or come in...