Item drives are a great, fun way to raise awareness about poverty and mobilize the community to provide what our neighbors need.
Hosting an Item Drive is a year-round way to make a difference in addressing poverty here in the Kansas City and St. Joseph area. Drives are a great way for schools, offices, community groups, and places of worship to join Catholic Charities ending hunger and making certain that families have life’s basic necessities.
Often, people come to us with an urgent need. We meet that urgent need first.
Then, we work to address the root causes of poverty. Your donations make an immediate impact in those lives.
Anytime you, or your company, can assist in collecting these urgent — ongoing — needs is helpful:
- Non-perishable food items to stock more than 40 pantries and emergency assistance sites in urban and rural communities
- Personal hygiene products including soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant and razors
- Paper goods like bathroom tissue and paper towels
- Diapers, baby clothing, infant formula and other supplies
- City bus passes
- Gift cards to discount and grocery stores
- Professional expertise like creative roles, legal services, education and training, culinary arts, moving and storage and carpentry
Please contact us to donate any of the above items.
One smile can begin a friendship; One hand can lift a soul; One candle can wipe out darkness; One laugh can conquer gloom; One hope can raise your spirits; One life can make the difference, BE THAT ONE TODAY. Dear Mom, We know sometimes the road is hard. We know your...
“Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” - Roy T. Bennett For a few moments, let’s imagine a recent client and her situation. It was February and bitterly...
“It’s said that is always darkest before the dawn.” - Thomas Fuller It’s been a year of darkness, difficulty, and oftentimes despair. Poverty is something often talked about but lesser known and experienced. For many walking into Catholic Charities, they find us when...
Through this new program, at-risk families may be able to find not just help, but also hope.” –Donors Peter and Veronica Mallouk
The past year has been a record year for many reasons. People are experiencing poverty and food...
This year has certainly been full of surprises and challenges for parents. Whether...